close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for small trailer

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by shroomhunter, Sep 27, 2005.

1. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

0   0   0

I am in need of a lightweight trailer. 4-6 feet wide X 8-10 feet long.
    I need it to haul my flat bottomed jon boat on as well firewood etc. for camping. Send a PM if you have anything meeting this description that you would like to sell.
    Thanks,
    mushroomman

2. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

0   0   0

Another option is to strip down an old pop-up camper and build the floor and sides. We did that and have a nice utility trailer that has been used to haul a tractor, beds, animals, mulch, mowers, lumber and all kinds of other stuff. Made 2 moves to St. Louis area and 2 to COlumbus from Canton. Nice setup. Good luck!

3. Boat builder

Boat builder Dan's Custom Boats

0   0   0

Try Harbor freight.com they have trailers at resonable prices.

4. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

0   0   0

I could build one as I am a welder, unfortunately I am 2 hrs South of the shop where my equipment is and time is very short as I work alot of hours.
    This may be a winter project if I don't find what I am looking for, although I am sure there is a used one out there for sale.

5. Catslammer

Catslammer

0   0   0

I have a 4' x 7' utility trailer for sale. It's an 1999 International brand. It is tilit up, so there is no ramp. It has wire mesh floor. It's similar to the ones you see at Lowes or TSC. Has a heavy duty TSC type crank jack on the front. I have a post in the OGF Market place. I can't get the pictures to upload due to the size of the file. Send me your email address and I will send you some pics via email. I have it for sale in front of my house for $475. I would take $425 for it to get it sold.....or maybe you should sell me your boat!!!! :D

Let me know if you're interested.

Catslammer out.

6. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

0   0   0

Crankus,
    Did you have to weld anything extra onto the frame of the trailer? I have a pop-up that would probably be only good for making a trailer out of, just don't know where to start.

7. getinjiggy

getinjiggy

0   0   0

Cant beat a Harbor Frieght trailer for the$ Ive got an 8x10 I paid 200 bucks for it on sale. Glenn

8. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

0   0   0

I did not weld anything. Just strip everything down to the frame. Then build your floor and sides. I used 3/4 inch plywood and built a floor on it like you would in a house. Then I bolted the sides on using 2/4's cut to the desired height. I then used decking boards to make the sides as high as I wanted. The tail gate doubles as a ramp, being 2x10's cut at angles. It's been in use for over 6 years with no problems yet.