close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for Saugeye/Walleye Salt Fork

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sr.Jigger, Nov 17, 2007.

1. I'm going to go out and look for them cold water loving fish and see if I can find some biters. Last time I was out I seen huge balls of bait fish with my sonar and big fish all around all sides of them but it must not have been to feeding time. I caught 2 dozen creek chubs and I'd like to see if they will work.

2. Pap and I were out today and did CRAP. With the wind down the bait was not balled up like yesterday. Searched and searched, nothing to show for it!! Caught a lot of other stuff but only 2 Saugeyes. Good luck on Sunday, I have a team building thing for work @ 2pm and have to bowl again for the 2nd time this year. This only means I will walk with a limp for the next 4 days or so. God bless fishing!!!!

3. Oh Man , Wish I had something exciting to say and a big fish story but all I did today (Sunday) in 6 hours of fishing was work my butt off trying to get them to open thier mouth. It's so frustrating when your sonar is picking up schools of fish and they got lockjaw. I threw the whole tackle box at them. Wish I had explosives with me !!! The bait fish was scatered but some nice fish were holding close by. Ah well, I'll make up for it next time.
    Water temp was 47 degrees, lite wind and water down 2'. I put in at the dam launch. Saw 7other boats out and all were having the same luck on Saugeye/Walleye. Got checked over by the Salt Fork Wildlife Dept. when putting boat in. Just a safety check and the guys were pretty nice.