Looking for Rod Repair in SW Ohio

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TimJC, Aug 5, 2008.

1. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

My buddy and I just acquired some high end carp rods second hand and the have some dings repaired on them. Does anyone know a good, reputable rod builder in the Cincinnati area?

The rods mainly have scuffs and chips on the surface from leads (sinkers) bouncing off the blank that need need to be touched up. These rods have a satin finish that would need to be reproduced (I don't know if this poses a problem or not). One rod also needs to have a ceramic ring set into a guide to replace one damaged in shipping. I also have another rod that needs a ring reset into a guide.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

2. Tim, I got a guy in Yellow Springs that does high end work, ( custom built fly rods fr 25 years) and has fixed several rods for the catfish guys in town, ( me and Mellon)as well as some spinning rods for me.

Its a bit of a haul but his work is second to none!!
    Let me know and i can get you the specifics in a PM.
    Salmonid

3. TeamPlaker

TeamPlaker Fishing Deadbeat

The guy who repairs my rods is named "duct tape". :)

4. If you're like me, you can't stand to pay somebody to do what you could do yourself. I know that a "professional" can do a much better job, but I can usually "hang" with a little bit of guidance.

Here's a link: http://www.tacklemaking.com/default.php?pageID=8

5. Talk to Chria at Fishermans Quarters, downtown Dayton

6. I agree with socdad go talk to Chris at fisherman's quarters have had several rods fixed there and always been very satisfied only thing is with it being peak time right now theres about a 2 week turn around time