Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a prom date for my senior prom. My girlfriend of over 2 years dumped me today out of the blue. I have already bought tickets.

Any takers??? lol;) :D :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey Trap, for $34.99 (not that I know this for sure) you can get a reliable prom date. A wig is a little extra. It's great though because your date will come to life with a simple bicycle pump.....

·
Defensor Fortis
4,386 Posts
How about my sister. she's free that night, and every other night after that!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Toxic,
Man, where was your sister when I was single ??? I guess I'm just a day late & dollar short again.
Trap - Forget about her , there's lots more out there that have the same thang to offer & then some !!! You've got an awful lot going on between her & the decision to join up ........... go to the prom solo and dance & have a good time with all of them , not just one. Had about the same situation as you my senior year (many years ago) ; went by myself & had the best time of anyone there...... wasn't lonely either !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well This was posted as a joke to try to keep me from getting to depressed but you guys have once again really helped me out! Thank you so much :)

I know right now it really hurts bad, and i have been trying to do alot of stuff to keep my mind off her and what she may be doing. We had a very close relationship for those 2 years, so I am left out in the open why she had such a sudden change of heart. I am going to give her some time to see if she comes around. If not then I guess I will have to move on. As much as I love her and want to be with her, its useless to even try to work this out unless she feels the same way. They say that the heart will heal with time and I surely hope this to be true. :eek:

And even if we do get back together, which is very doubtful, It will not effect my decison about enlisting. THis is something that I have wanted to do for some time now, and I feel that it would be better for both of us.

Sorry for ramblin but I just need to let some of this off my chest. You guys help far more then you releize. In fact I would love to hear some other heart breakers so I wouldnt feel so alone.:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well This was posted as a joke to try to keep me from getting to depressed but you guys have once again really helped me out! Thank you so much :)

I know right now it really hurts bad, and i have been trying to do alot of stuff to keep my mind off her and what she may be doing. We had a very close relationship for those 2 years, so I am left out in the open why she had such a sudden change of heart. I am going to give her some time to see if she comes around. If not then I guess I will have to move on. As much as I love her and want to be with her, its useless to even try to work this out unless she feels the same way. They say that the heart will heal with time and I surely hope this to be true. :eek:

And even if we do get back together, which is very doubtful, It will not effect my decison about enlisting. THis is something that I have wanted to do for some time now, and I feel that it would be better for both of us.

Sorry for ramblin but I just need to let some of this off my chest. You guys help far more then you releize. In fact I would love to hear some other heart breakers so I wouldnt feel so alone.:D
i heard once that you can fish or you can worry but you can't fish and worry at the same time. sounds like pretty good advice! :D pardon the pun but there's plenty of fish in the sea!!!

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
Ah no worries man, your going to Hocking College soon and there are many chicks there that would probably catch your attention :D
this man speaks the troof..........college = hot chick central.................. theres a reason i sit in the balcony in my sociology class at KSU ;)

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Traphunter : This advice is coming from a 59 year old with a lot of wear and tear on him. Since you are a high school senior you probably been dating your now ex for most of high school. 100 % of the couples that were an ITEM during high school that went on to get married ended up divorced at my school. Now that percentage probably shrinks a bit nationwide but those are awful tough odds to buck.

If you go into college or the service I am willing to bet you will meet someone that will " thunderstrike " you. At that point you will be glad you are free. While this breakup may hurt, divorce hurts even worse , financially and emotionally. So in a way count yourself lucky that a prom ticket is all you will lose.

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
My high school sweetheart was messing around with a friend of mine after I went active duty. She ended up marrying him. Seeing what she put him through years later, I'm glad it happened.

I got married while in the military. She messed around after I left for Germany and got pregnant. She still came out on the better side of the divorce.

There were others along the way.

19 years later, I decided to marry again. I've got a good woman now. But even so, there's still a hint of mistrust that I have never been able to get rid of, and she's given me no reason to doubt her.

You're still young. Enjoy your youth. When you find the right one, you will know it.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I would just stay single and play the field. It is so much cheaper, so you will have much more money to buy hunting and fishing stuff and have noone to nag if you maybe hunt/fish too much.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,386 Posts
I would just stay single and play the field. It is so much cheaper, so you will have much more money to buy hunting and fishing stuff and have no one to nag if you maybe hunt/fish too much.
That is the most intelligent thing I have read so far LOL.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts