Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have an old silver Shimano Bantam baitcaster that they want to sell?
Looking for Models 100, 200 or 300.

I have a 200 with the rosewood handle that I bought in about 1980 in the discount aisle at Value City. If I had known that is was going to be sucha great reel I would have bought all they had. Had never seen a Shimano reel before but man was it sweet.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I to like these reels so much better than any of these new reels out. I have the Tourney series 1000 but not looking to get rid of tho, but like you they were best reels around.
Good luck, I haven't seen any used ones much at all.

·
Pushin' Tin
4,511 Posts
I wish you luck. I bought 3 of the "greenie" bantam curado's off of eBay about 4 years ago for a guy I work with. 2 of them were pretty rough, the other was like new with box. I believe he paid around $250 for the package. He did fix the other 2 up and still uses them today. He sent them out for new paint and everything...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
769 Posts
Damn that brings back memories. Bought that baitcaster (200 I believe) back in the early 80's for my son. Paired it up with a 5.1/2 ft. pistol grip Shimano Bantam Boron rod. Man-that was a sweet rig. :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think I got one sitting around. My dad's dad gave it to him before he passed away. Now I have it sitting in a corner in my garage. Not sure what model it is or anything. I know the handle is bent on it though. Just curious how much would it be worth? Not sure if I would sell it though. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
16,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I got one sitting around. My dad's dad gave it to him before he passed away. Now I have it sitting in a corner in my garage. Not sure what model it is or anything. I know the handle is bent on it though. Just curious how much would it be worth? Not sure if I would sell it though. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Check the model. I've seen the paddle handles (not the rosewood) on e-bay. Depending on boat rash and working condition they go from about $20 -80. Premium condition can go even higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts