Looking for new fishing locations

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by nhugger, Jul 5, 2008.

1. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was any place to fish in the Independence/Brecksville areas. I know Metro parks are in the area but don't know if anyplace is good for fishing. I would appreciate any help or information on new fishing areas for me and my grandson. Actually we are interested in any good spots on the west/southwest side. We also like to fish for carp and we're on a mission to catch a few. We don't want to eat them, only catch and release. We have tried many baits with no luck. Anyway, I'm looking for good fishing locations for all kinds of fish and fishing locations and the right bait to use for catching carp. Thanks all!

2. First of all Welcome to OGF, you will definitely gain great information here. I know i have since becoming a member. I was told to make a bread ball and put some vanilla on it. So, I tried this method one day and it was very successful. I landed some big carp that day and boy do they put up a good fight. You might be able to find some threads on the carp forum about what baits work. Hope this helps and good luck.