Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a kayak to go fishing out of. Been looking for some places to launch and fish. The Fulton County Pond has so much overgrowth everywhere that I'm having a really hard time trying to bass and pan fish. Where do you guys recommend that I should try?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I am not sure where you live but I am in Findlay. My buddies enjoy the Mad River with the stronger currents to pull the craft along. Last week I took my boat, daughter and her 3 children up to Half Moon chain of lakes outside of Ann Arbor, MI. It was a 1 hr and 45 minute drive, the chain has 7 lakes which we visited them all then I pulled a ski tube for hours. Beach for picnic lunch just pull the boat up on sand beach, pretty good gig. Pickney Recreation Area. Lots of kayak traffic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure where you live but I am in Findlay. My buddies enjoy the Mad River with the stronger currents to pull the craft along. Last week I took my boat, daughter and her 3 children up to Half Moon chain of lakes outside of Ann Arbor, MI. It was a 1 hr and 45 minute drive, the chain has 7 lakes which we visited them all then I pulled a ski tube for hours. Beach for picnic lunch just pull the boat up on sand beach, pretty good gig. Pickney Recreation Area. Lots of kayak traffic.
I currently live in Whitehouse, OH. Was looking around at other ponds that I could fish at to have better success at some bass fishing. I'd like to find a place with some good bluegill and crappie.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
You have several posts on here and every one is asking for everybody's fishing spots. Get a map , read through the archives on here , and go fish some of these places. It's not that hard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have several posts on here and every one is asking for everybody's fishing spots. Get a map , read through the archives on here , and go fish some of these places. It's not that hard.
It may not be hard for you, but for some like myself who is gone for 3 to 4 weeks at a time and home for only a few days it's far harder. If I am able to get a little help then I don't see a problem in asking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I kayak fish several locations in NWO. The large upground reservoirs often have access, and are deep enough to not be weedy, such as Findlay resvs #1&#2, Fostoria reservoirs, and McComb Reservoir. To the north I have gone to McKarnes and Barton lakes near Bryan, which have a lot of variety. I have also launched on Sandusky Bay, and caught walleye and channel cats. I have yet to kayak fish the Maumee River above the dam at Mary Jane Thurston SP, but I used to canoe there, and I also plan to fish East and Middle Harbors with my kayak.

Lots of smaller locations are available, but those will take some more searching.

Good luck and tight lines!

And always wear your pfd in a kayak!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lake LaSuan in Willams county is open for fishing Friday thru Monday. It has a limit of 5 bluegills 8" and over, and an overall limit of 15 bluegill on the big lake. Some of the smaller lakes have a total limit of 20. Almost all of the lakes have lots of small bass because of the 18" size limit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts