Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a miniature black lab pup..not too picky on sex m or f...i know not that many people deal with or breed them so it is hard to find...if you happen to have some or know someone who does please PM me...thanks!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
There no such thing as a miniature lab, maybe the dog was a beagle lab cross which would look very simaler to a pure lab provided its colors were lab colored. Also you can get minitue labradoodles a lab being cross bred to a toy or miniture poodle produces a meduim/small dog. You can also get patterdale terreirs only heard of them through a dog breed sight the black ones look like little labs but they are said to be very behavier driven more so then jack russells, amoung being stubbarn and hard to train.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
allexperts.com good site fishngolf... i do have a friend who has one ( he can no longer get in touch with the lady he got him from) ...which is how i found out about them and am trying to look for one...looks and acts just like a lab..and im sure it probably is not a pure bred dog due to the fact im sure there would be more breeders....so im trying to find a breeder and get more info...what the breeding is...any health issues with the mix etc.. as i would like to purchase one for myself

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Bonsai, never heard of the mini lab, but as was said previously, lab/beagle mixes are pretty cool. I've provided a link to one I found on petfinder. Rescue pets are a great option to consider. My dog is half beagle, half dachshund and she's a GREAT pet. Any way, the link will show you what these dogs look like.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14525664

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
No there s no such animal
If you can have midget people why not midget labs? BTW, I have a giant Lab, she's been up to 120# but now is about 110....She's 26"' at the shoulder. Her dam was normal but her sire was huge.
According to the Labrador Retriever breed standard,
male Labs are supposed to be 22 1⁄2 to 24 1⁄2 inches in height (at the shoulder) and weigh 65 to 80 pounds. Females are expected to be a bit smaller, ranging in height from 21 1⁄2 to 23 1⁄2 inches and weighing 55 to 70 pounds.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you snakecharmer...alot of people think there is no such thing...and as with all "mini" breeds the is the controversial argument about health problems etc...my friend that has one has no health problems due to the "mini" factor...I love love love labs and always have but would like a smaller one...which is why i am looking for a mini one....or even a lab beagle mix which is looking to be more common...i have never been around the mix before so even a breeder that deals with those would be great to come into contact with for more information etc

·
'Tusc River Rat
240 Posts
I have an 8 year old yellow lab, who is, as duck hunters call them, a " leggy blonde ( she's over 26" ath the shoulder, weighs about 90 lbs) , is smarter than most of the kids in the neighborhood, and has always , even as a puppy, realized that when she's in the house, she mellows out, and outside is where you can cut loose and run. , I would be much more concerned about the dog's temprament, and how long the breeders have been breeding labs, than to worry about the size of the dog- btw, our lab is much more manageable that the 6 lb yorkie male that she shares the house with- hes' a real pain in the a$$ !!! (he thinks he 's 60 lbs, and is in love with the neighbors' chocolate lab) a good lab will more than make up for their large size with loyalty and a good disposition - just my opinion ...GB.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have never been around a lab that had a "bad attitude" ...labs are some of the most amazing dogs...but just for me i dont really want a 100 pound dog running around...as in my house it wouldnt be good and my house is not set up for 100 pounds of excitement to be running around...again why i am looking for a "mini" lab

·
Registered
166 Posts
Get the runt of the litter. Our neighbors have pure bred labs and when they had a litter they could not get rid of the runt. So my family took her. She has never been over 60 lbs., and usally hangs right around 55 lbs. She would get heavier if we let her, as food is the number one thing in her mind. She is the best dog we have had, easy to train and very smart.

Shawn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts