close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

looking for maps on line for bodies of water

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by peple of the perch, Aug 24, 2005.

1. i am tryingto find small county lakes or ponds for ex. mineral lake in claridon ohio. wich i am shure many have never herd of.i like to fish small bodies of water. i am in northeast ohio. you can also just pm me

2. if you go to the odnr website and click on your region, there is a link on their somewhere that says something like public fishing areas or wildlife areas. this only pertains to state ponds though. We have had better luck at private farm ponds and such that don't get fished to death. good luck to you!

3. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

4. I think for small lakes like you mentioned you will not find a whole lot online except for some of the general map site like Bronzebackyak suggested. Another along those lines would be:

Google Maps

5. The DNR maps which Newfisher referred to are on the DNR site and there is also a link to them on the OGF home page. You will only pretty much find the bigger lakes and reservoirs on there but at least those also give more detail (depths, ramps, etc.) to them than I believe you will be able to find on Google Maps and such.

6. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

try world wind or google earth (leckig turned me onto this one). Both have search features, but google earth is more powerful and can give you directions.

more info

7. Google Earth is definitely a cool program! I checked it out the other day after reading TimJC and Leckig's post. If you are going to run it you better have a broadband connection and a newer computer. It is a pretty beefy program and the setup file to download is over 90 MB. If you have the system for it, it is definitely worth running and I would recomend it.