Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping i can get some suggestions on where to take a fishing trip this summer. I live in Monroe County, MI so it’s just over the border. I’m looking to fish somewhere on an inland lake or a river. Looking for 3 day trip and want to rent a boat. Anywhere in the state of Ohio is good for me. I usually fish for LMB, SMB and pike. But I’m willing to go for anything that will make good table fare... especially walleye and perch. Looking to avoid the big lake though. Id really appreciate your guys suggestions since i have never taken a fishing trip to Ohio. When i fish ohio i stick to metzgers marsh and the maumee River and i do not know anything else about fishing Ohio.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, i will start researching saltfork. Thank you for your input. Look forward to hearing others as well

·
Registered
231 Posts
Indian Lake and Alum Creek. Both have excellent saugeye populations and plenty to do around the lakes including boat rental and campgrounds. Alum is close enough to Columbus that a hotel is also an option. Both have great crappie populations as well. Alum has a good musky population too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I appreciate all your suggestions. I’m going to have to start putting in a little research. I wish i had my own 12’ with a 9.9

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why in the world would you come from Michigan to fish in Ohio.The fishing in Michigan is much better that the fishing in Ohio?
why come to Ohio? The entire reason is because I’m trying to take my buddy on a fishing trip who might possibly not be about to leave the state of Ohio

1 - 20 of 25 Posts