Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Cave Run this weekend to camp and fish. I have been going there every year my whole life. I am staying at the Twin Knobs campground and am hoping to do some fishing while I am there. I will only have my Lund with 9.9hp so I am limited on how far I can go. Hoping that maybe some people have some tips for this lake during this time of year. It is really known for its Musky but I have been told it has a good amount of LM. My Grandfather has gone most of his life as well. We have never had great luck fishing here. It is not uncommon to get skunked throughout the whole trip. My grandfather is loosing interest and I am trying to spark it back up. We have prob had the worst fishing experience at this lake than we have at any other lake in our lives. I want to try to change that. My fishing skills have improved the last few years and I feel like we can do better.

Anyone have any tips or personal experience?

·
Crappietracker
419 Posts
Fish the wooded point between big and little cave, little cave on the right side going in, at least to the beaver dam, and the scattered wedbeds off the beach also. Casts should be placed very close to shore. Hope this helps

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fish the wooded point between big and little cave, little cave on the right side going in, at least to the beaver dam, and the scattered wedbeds off the beach also. Casts should be placed very close to shore. Hope this helps
Okay. I am having trouble figuring out where that is. I know poppin rock, the licking river and Scott's creek. I am trying to look st my Trimble map on my phone but I have limited service. Tomorrow I will go get a hard map and try to find it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found them on my Trimble map. My plan is to hit it early with buzz baits, spinners, and senkos in the morning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts