Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to make some but thought might be faster to look here and clist for some cheap, used(or well designed "homemade"), boat guide-ons for a smaller, old boat trailer I'm fixing up. Don't have to be pretty, just functional! No new-in-box, "Deals", pls. Suitable for 1960's-13' alum. v-hull. Akron-Canton area. PM if you have something. Thx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Was going to make some but thought might be faster to look here and clist for some cheap, used(or well designed "homemade"), boat guide-ons for a smaller, old boat trailer I'm fixing up. Don't have to be pretty, just functional! No new-in-box, "Deals", pls. Suitable for 1960's-13' alum. v-hull. Akron-Canton area. PM if you have something. Thx
There is a set for sale on akroncantoncraigslist for $ 75,00 that you might want to look at.

·
Registered
240 Posts
There is a set on akroncantoncraigslist that you might want to look at. The price is $ 75,00.

·
Registered
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still looking. $75 a mite more than I'd like to spend right now. I might ck utube. Sometimes so innovative stuff on there.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Depending on how your trailer is constructed, and whether you have these materials on-hand...my first boat trailer I installed some galvanized uni-strut (kindorf) and adapters to form a "L" shape on each side of the trailer and then slid a piece of PVC pipe over top of the vertical piece. I didn't have much spare cash back then and had scraps of this stuff laying around from work. I'd guess my two horizontal pieces were about 3' each and the verticals were 2-3'. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it was functional.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
C.J. i have a set thats missing the bottom bolt on plates. It was shipped to me that way. I'd imagine, if you have a drill press and some metal, you could easily fashion the bottom plates.
At the time i bught them, i had no time to make the bottom plates.
I don't even have the boat i bought them for any longer.
They're probably 6-8 years old, but brand new. Never have been installed on any boat.
They are yours if you want them. P.M. me if you do.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
5,130 Posts
C.J. i have a set thats missing the bottom bolt on plates. It was shipped to me that way. I'd imagine, if you have a drill press and some metal, you could easily fashion the bottom plates.
At the time i bught them, i had no time to make the bottom plates.
I don't even have the boat i bought them for any longer.
They're probably 6-8 years old, but brand new. Never have been installed on any boat.
They are yours if you want them. P.M. me if you do.

View attachment 356855

LOL,,,, Diesel, if he wants them, bring them over here when you come over,,,, I have everything else needed.
SAME PRICE!
CJ,,, are you able to tow your boat now?
i'll be welding & building stuff in the garage all day,,,, If you & the boat was here,,,, it would be done today!?
Heading out now. You have my number.

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
5,130 Posts
Depending on how your trailer is constructed, and whether you have these materials on-hand...my first boat trailer I installed some galvanized uni-strut (kindorf) and adapters to form a "L" shape on each side of the trailer and then slid a piece of PVC pipe over top of the vertical piece. I didn't have much spare cash back then and had scraps of this stuff laying around from work. I'd guess my two horizontal pieces were about 3' each and the verticals were 2-3'. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it was functional.

Yep,,,, the easiest way to go,,,,, but not easier than Diesels idea! ;>)
I might have some of that stuff here too.
Whatever.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Yep,,,, the easiest way to go,,,,, but not easier than Diesels idea! ;>)
Yep...for sure easier...

My horizontal pieces were on top of the trailer frame and I used some all-thread and a smaller piece of strut under the frame to "sandwich" the frame between them. Then bolted a right angle piece from the horizontal piece to the vertical piece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts