close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

looking for bale of hay

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EE, Mar 1, 2009.

1. EE

EE

strange request I know, but I need a bale of Hay....preferably timothy hay, but oat or wheat hay would work. I live in Columbus. Any suggestions? The local petshops and superstores have small bags and prices that are clearly not 'bulk', so I'd prefer to get a large bag or a bale.
    thanks for any connections.
    EE

2. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

try your local mill

3. Do you need just 1 bale, or are you going to need more periodically? If you need just 1 go to your local elevator. If they don't carry any, they can tell you who does. If you are going to need a steady supply send me a P.M., and I'll hook you up.

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i get mine at a place called creekside gardens, they sell stuff for home gardens, like plants, small trees and shrubs, water garden ponds forms, wind chimes, lawn ornaments and crap like that. you have to usually ask for straw/hay because they usually keep that in back.

5. I live in grove city and when I am between loads for the horse I run to bells country mart If I need just one. There on harrisburg pike. It's not too far if you live south or west columbus. Phone # is 308-0672 to see if they have it in.

6. EE

EE

Littleking, not sure of any local mills, but I appreciate the suggestion. if none of the other options pan out, I'll drop you a PM to see if maybe you have any suggestions on a specific mill, maybe a company name.
    Captain Kevin, I'll need a steady supply, but not to feed a large animal.... so one bale will last me for a month or two. I really appreciate the offer and am going to try the local connections...... if that doesn't pan out, I'll shoot you a P.M. thanks!
    EZ bite, great thought........this will be my first shot. there's a garden center a few minutes away that may just have some hay in the back.
    Next step will be to call Bells country mart, thanks for the suggestion jcrdust. That's not too far of a drive for something that will last me a good while.

Thanks to the four of you for the help,
    EE

7. EE,
    If you come south on Norton Road, just before entering into Darbydale. There would be two places that sale straw and hay i believe. Last time i looked it was $3 a bale.
    Ron

8. EE

EE

thanks for the additional option Ron! Is that the Norton Road that is close to Westland Mall (not sure where darbydale is)?