close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for an old post/member who got a disease from the river he was fishing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Jul 2, 2007.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

A few years back, someone on the site had posted some pics with a story to go along with them, regarding a disease/parasite he had gotten while wading here in Ohio. If memory serves, it jacked up his hand pretty good.

I searched the forums high and low, can't find the thread or pics. Anyone remember who it was who posted it, or what the thread was titled?

TIA!

2. I can't remember his screen name either... I'll try and find it... I think "Worminator" was a friend of his. He was wading the Cuyahoga down near Cascade and cut himself, and it got infected, if I remember right.

I could be wrong, though....

3. I remember a post of someone wading the Cuyahoga River who got something that didn't sound at all pleasant. I do not remomber who it was. It might have been from the GFO group.

4. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

I remember that. Fella got a wicked infection. If I remember right, he tripped when he was wading and got a real deep cut off some glass in the river.
    If was after heavy rains in Akron......:( :( :( :(

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Yeah that's the one...Worminator I think. I'm doin my best to find his post, nada!!

6. Worminator is one of his buddies. I remember seeing him talk about the river, and also fishing in Crystal Lake in Cuyahoga Falls.... I can't remember his screen name though! ARRRGGGHH!!

Worminator and him fished one of our first perch events out of Eastlake a few years back... Man, I am terrible with names!!!

7. I recall it was Lewzer????

I could be wrong but I do remember the post with pictures. I think the injury was to the forearm and it was a fecal coli infection????

8. No, wasn't Mike... He may have known the guy too though... This is killing me! I can't remember his name!

9. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Bait Loser???????????

10. I think you're right Lew! Baitloser!!!!

Is he on here or not? I think he was in the start...

11. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I dunno if he is on here anylonger, but he does live up in Cuyahoga Falls. I once went to his house to look at a yak he was selling. I haven't seen him post on OGF...Might wanna check the other site. He may be over there.

flash------------------------------------out

12. TheSonicMarauder

TheSonicMarauder Yes i slept on the couch

13. Shake, I don't care what anyone tells you, You can't catch STDs from wading.

14. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

BAITLOSER IS RIGHT. I just now saw this thread so I hope all is well with everyone. I carry the purell with me at all times since baitloser had his problems in the river. I think it could happen anywhere but your chances are higher in the river. I've had ifection set in from cuts even in the clearest of waters. I can tell how good of a day I've had when I get a handfull of purell and get the sting going. He's still around, doesn't post much, working and driving to much these a days.

15. Thanks for the verification! Not remembering his name had me talkin to myself yesterday!!!

Also, the Purel tip is a GREAT one!

16. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

At least he didn't have to change his name to "Lefty"......

17. BAITLOSER!!! I was close.

Slippy. Slappy, Simpson, Swenson, Swanson?
    SAMSONITE! I was WAY off. I knew it started with an "S" though!

18. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

19. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

the link isn't working