close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LOOKING for an Advanced Math Graphing Calculator

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Action, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Action

Action

0   0   0

I need one that has a USB port, it's for my daughter, she needs some heavy equiptment for school this year. :rolleyes:

2. I think I have a Texas Instruments Ti-83 or 86, I can't remember which, sitting around somewhere that I haven't used since high school. I'll take a look tomorow and see if I can find it. I'm sure your daughter would put it to better use than I will.

3. Action

Action

0   0   0

That's the models that we were looking at too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

0   0   0

I guess it only makes sense they have USB ports now adays. Man has schooling changed!

5. Jason6644

Jason6644

0   0   0

The TI 83+ runs about 74.99 brand new, but im unsure about these calculators having a usb port. I have an 83+ that doesn't have the port but it may be something new.

J

6. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

0   0   0

Action,
    I have a TI-85 that was new in 1995. I doubt it has the USB, but if you want it let me know. I have no need for it.

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

0   0   0

LOL.you're kidding?hell,when i was in school,electric typewriters and slide rules were extreme high tech :rolleyes:

8. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

0   0   0

You beat me to it there Mr. Misfit. I have a K&E slide rule in perfect condition. I even still use it on occasion. :D

9. Sorry to get your hopes up, no luck finding the darn thing. I think one of my brothers may have made off with it since I last saw it. If it turns up I'll PM you though.

10. Action

Action

0   0   0

Yeah, she's starting 9th grade and needs an advanced model. WOW I'm stupid.

11. Action

Action

0   0   0

The new ones cost $110 for the cheapest I've found.

12. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

0   0   0

staples has ti-83 plus graphing calc for $74.94 after rebates. don't know about the usb. also a ti-84 plus for $104.94. target has the ti-83 plus for $89.77, also don't know about the usb. sunday sale ads in cleve area.

13. pacosraiders

pacosraiders

0   0   0

9th grade wow, I was doing algebra 1 and didn't need a calculator at all.... guess times have changed in last 20 years... my son is starting 3rd grade this fall and they are going to be learning multiplication tables... My grandkids will probably need calculators for kindergarten lol

14. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

0   0   0

I was at WalMart in Xenia last night and they had a Casio with graphing and all that garbage. It had the ability to hook up to a PC too and it was on clearance for $30. We were going to buy it for our daughter but "It's not a TI-86 so I don't want it". FYI, I think what you are looking for does not have a USB port, it just has the capability to hook up to a PC VIA USB adapters. I am pretty sure the TI83 is linkable and the same WalMart had the link kits on clearance for $9.

15. Action

Action

0   0   0

Thanks for the replies, I'm still shopping around.

16. CPTN.CROWN

CPTN.CROWN

0   0   0

Go to New Uses on Sawmill and Hard Rd. They had a few of those last week. I think the most expensive one was 50.00 and had usb port on it. Its crazy the deals you can get in there. Got a Kirby sweeper for 100.00 those things are 12-1700. And lifetime warranty!!

17. All Thumbs

All Thumbs

0   0   0

http://www.salescircular.com/
    this site does the leg work for shopping
    the kids want the same exact ones the teacher is using because the teacher will only help those with questions on which button to push and so forth

click on ohio or wherever and then graphing calculators are under the Computer Hardware:
    Peripherals:

while u are there at the site check out the FREE AFTER REBATE area

all thumbs

18. Parrothead

Parrothead

0   0   0

I just posted for WTB a Ti-83. If you still have one you don't need I would be interested but it has to be the TI-83 not the 86. I don't believe the usb connection is important. Let me know if you are still willing to part with it.

19. Bigun

Bigun

0   0   0

Don't waste time or money on one of the casio models I have used both and and love my TI. If it were me I would get the TI-84 + silver edition. That is what I bought 3 years ago when I went back to college and it got me through my AS without any problems. Make sure you get the ones with the USB port, I believe all the silver editions have them. I would sell you mine but I still use it aleast a dozen times a week. This may change since school made me buy a new laptop for class. (Stupid school gets you any way they can). Anyway if you have any questions, or she needs help learning some of the functions of the TIs shoot me a PM and Ill see what I can do.

20. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

0   0   0

you're a little late,guys.
    in case you didn't notice,this thread is 3 years old:D;)