close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for advice...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Zom B., Jul 1, 2007.

1. Zom B.

Zom B. disMembered

I am in search of bass opportunities. I keep hearing such good things about the Portage lake system that I would like to give it a try. As such, I am looking for a recommendation on a good starting point for targeting bass. Keep in mind that I am currently working without the aid of a gasoline-powered motor, so my top speed isn't very impressive.

Thanks,
    Ron

2. There is a good sized back bay easily accessed from the state launch off Manchester Rd (SR93). Big enough to hold some fish, small enough to be electric friendly.

Sounds like your rig would be perfect for Hodgson or Mogadore.....both are electric only lakes.

3. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Don't forget about Nimisila, electric only. Very nice lake!!!

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Portage Lakes itself is so heavily fished for bass, and there are weekly bass tourneys out there, that I would recommend the Nimisilla Resivoir for Bass. There is still a bass tourney out there, but the fishing pressure at Nimi is far less than at Portage Lakes. Plus, you don't have to worry about Pontoon boats stirring up the hole that you just found bass in, and the pontoons go right in between you and shore.

flash----------------------------------out

5. Zom B.

Zom B. disMembered

Thanks, guys! I'll definitely have to give those lakes a shot.