Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a used/refurbished lower unit for a 95 evinrude ocean pro. 150hp- 25'' Shaft.

I ordered one from florida that supposedly shipped last week but the tracking has never been updated and im getting sick of waiting.

Anyone know of a place here in ohio or within a 4ish hour drive of cleveland that may have one?

Only places i have called are Dubberts and a guy on craigslist

·
Registered
586 Posts
Theres one on fleabay for 500.00. I've had good luck buying a few off there

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Theres one on fleabay for 500.00. I've had good luck buying a few off there
Thats where the one i ordered came from. I messaged before buying asking appoximate shipping times and was told same business day if before noon next day if after. I ordered last wednesday afternoon. Tracking number was provided last Thursday problem is fedex never received the package until Today 1 week later. Screw ups happen but i hate being lied to, especially after i messaged them on monday asking if it had actually been shipped as the original expected delivery date was Monday 6/15

Guess ill have it this Saturday, we will see.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well guess I’m back to looking. The lower I ordered came Saturday. The box was beat and the drive/shift shafts we’re sticking out of the box.

they shipped it full of gear lube and gear lube leaked all over the place. In guessing “pressure tested 100% ready to bolt on” was a lie.

Attachments

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
Well guess I’m back to looking. The lower I ordered came Saturday. The box was beat and the drive/shift shafts we’re sticking out of the box.

they shipped it full of gear lube and gear lube leaked all over the place. In guessing “pressure tested 100% ready to bolt on” was a lie.
i really hate to hear you had such bad luck. I bought a lower unit for my 115 tower of power that was shipped with old oil. when I drained it the oil was black. but it never leaked . I have bought a few cars, lower units, outdrives, 2 motorhomes, and hundreds of other things and only been really burned on 1 outdrive. I've had to return a couple of small items that wasn't as described. but nothing major.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good news is they are letting me return for a refund.

To answer a few questions from above.

The lower arrived leaking oil, which screams bad seals to me. Maybe im wrong buy youd thing if the seals were good it would hold oil. This wasnt the only problem, it also would not shift freely, there was a ton of corrosion around the shift shaft housing. Im sure if i took the housing off cleaned it up and replaced the orings it would have been fine but again this is not what i paid for.

I have another one in the mail that includes a warrranty so hopefully this one works out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts