close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

looking for a spool

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by alan farver, Apr 30, 2005.

1. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

i am trying to find a spool for a shimano cx2500sq spinning reel my son lost it and iam having trouble finding one .i contacted shimano but never hear anything back .thought mabey someone might know someplace to check.thanks

2. check shimanos web site for the dealers by state, there is one in alaska and one in texas or oklahoma that will have what you are looking for. When my father broke one of his graphite spools from one of his first shimanos last year those two guys both had plenty, his reel is around twenty years old.

3. Alan, Try the Rod Makers Shop in Strongsville. 440-572-0400 You can also try garage or rummage sales or flea markets. All you need is to find a size 2500 shimano spool that looks like yours. It should fit. I found a 2000 spool to fit an old CX and a Daiwa spool to fit an old Daiwa. They usually only make one spool per size and just put different names or letters on them.

4. alan farver

thanks for your help i will give them a call. not to many places down here in the sticks to find stuff

5. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Alan, if it's a front drag model I have one you can have .

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Well I've seen him, hes sort of big, short hair, wears an OGF hat, goes by the name of Rob....... Oh you said Spool w/ an "S", not Fool w/ an "F"-I thought you were talking about Bubbahunter! :D

7. alan farver

thanks everyone for your help. the store in strongsville had them. nice store.thanks jim but it was a rear drag.can't wait to get to tappan and pull some harnesses.

8. Thats my buddy Mellonhead...Thanks again O`round one, lol