Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. I hope this doesn't sound strange, but I am looking for someone who can help me increase my catch. It seems that ever since I bought my boat my catch rate has plummeted! I love to fish but I don't know how to find them. I have no idea how to troll or what to use. I would like to have a seat on a boat with a real fisherman that is willing to teach me what to do. I will buy fuel, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bait. I can take my boat if necessary, but I'm sure I don't have the right tackle. Tired of catching catfish. I am in Columbus and usually fish Buckeye Lake and Deer Creek but am willing to travel. Outside of fuel and food you will get a fishing buddy! Everyone needs that. Also, don't make fun of me because I'm boat illiterate. I have tried time and again and failed so I'm asking because I'm tired of being a wisherman. Can you help? If not Shhhhhh! Also, I have been part of this forum for a long time but I don't post. Doesn't mean I don't like you. I just don't have much to say because my catch rate has plummeted! Maybe you could also give me some tips on boat setup, tackle ( obviously), and fish finder. Mine needs an upgrade. Saugeye, crappie, bluegill, and wipers are among my favorites. And beer!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all. I hope this doesn't sound strange, but I am looking for someone who can help me increase my catch. It seems that ever since I bought my boat my catch rate has plummeted! I love to fish but I don't know how to find them. I have no idea how to troll or what to use. I would like to have a seat on a boat with a real fisherman that is willing to teach me what to do. I will buy fuel, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bait. I can take my boat if necessary, but I'm sure I don't have the right tackle. Tired of catching catfish. I am in Columbus and usually fish Buckeye Lake and Deer Creek but am willing to travel. Outside of fuel and food you will get a fishing buddy! Everyone needs that. Also, don't make fun of me because I'm boat illiterate. I have tried time and again and failed so I'm asking because I'm tired of being a wisherman. Can you help? If not Shhhhhh! Also, I have been part of this forum for a long time but I don't post. Doesn't mean I don't like you. I just don't have much to say because my catch rate has plummeted! Maybe you could also give me some tips on boat setup, tackle ( obviously), and fish finder. Mine needs an upgrade. Saugeye, crappie, bluegill, and wipers are among my favorites.
Only thing that you did not mention was beer,..but if you need help you have to put your time into it persists pays off.read all u can and just fish it will come to you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Buckeye, I'm in the same boat as you. I just don't have time to get out as often as I wish I could due to work, kids, work, family and WORK. In the meantime for the eyes, I have taken time to read every post on the rainy night jerk bite post and the saugeye spot post. I highly recommend it, it takes some time but you will have thoughts run through your mind that you probably never even thought of. Each trip that I get out I consider those post and consider where I should be starting on a lake. That has worked to this point, at a rate that I would consider good for a new eye chaser. I have a small boat, and always willing to meet up with other guys to put our brains together to figure this out. IMHO, reading then applying will be much more rewarding when I catch them in numbers on a consistent basis.

·
Sitting somewhere fishing
413 Posts
If you ever want to hit buckeye let me know. I can show you a few of the tactics that produce for me.

Reactions: buckeye4lyfe

·
Registered
289 Posts
Im dont know if im mentor quality but to both the anglers who are struggling pm me i only have weeknights after 6pm and weekend warrior, but i feel transitioning from bank to boat can be a challenge for any angler.if u familarize yourself with one lake you can learn it n build on that success on other lakes i have several partners i mentor n some that mentor me so if im not free im sure i could plug you in. first buckeye can be a good lake but its transitioning and i know guys who been fishing there years and they are struggling so leave buckeye alone n fish amore sportfish oriented lake may help. same applies to deer creek high cat population are gonna lead to catfish by catch too. Secondly we are in a period of summer where bottom fish rule yes there are advanced anglers getting some sport fish but not like spring so im saying for a novice this is a hard time of year to get onto a sport bite. Start early spring on crappie n panfish once u get them located more sport fish will transition to those areas in waves right behind them those are a few starting points to think about. Otherwise see who all is willing to help on here and contact me ***disclaimer*** these are my opinions not looking to offend or mis teach anyone

·
Registered
775 Posts
Keeping a log will also help. Put down date, weather conditions, spots you fished, boat or bank, what baits and colors, casting or trolling, the fish caught and missed. Put down what you used even if you don't catch any fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts