close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking For A Large Spinning Reel

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 26, 2007.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

0   0   0

I'm trying to fix my dad up a decent flathead/blue cat spinning outfit, as if all goes as planned he may be doing more fishing with me next year or even this fall. I've got him a couple outfits that would work for big channels and small flatheads, such as a St Croix USA rod/Mitchell Orca reel and an Ugly Stick Big Water Special and a shakespseare reel, but I'm looking for a rod to put on a 7 foot Med-Heavy 20-50# test Shakespeare Ugly Stick Tiger rod. He really likes his Mitchell Orca. I think they were popular 10-15 years ago. They are white and black (hence the "Orca" name.) Does anyone know of a shop that still sells these? I think they were a $40-50 reel or somewhere in that area. I also thrown around the idea of a Pinnacle Deadbolt w/ a bait runner. I've heard good things about the ocean line of Penn Spinning reels too. I think they are black and gold in color. I need something that will hold at least 30# line, as that's prob what I would put on it for him. I could trade an Abu baitcaster for one or buy it outright.

Thanks

2. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

0   0   0

Wal-Mart carries a quantum reel that will hold up to 60lb mono...I believe it costs in the range of $25...but also check your local paylakes and bait shops...out my way they have shimano and rhino reels that both are in regular or baitrunner styles...they run from $40-$70 but are definitely worth it

3. dKilla

dKilla

0   0   0