close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

looking for a good place to get a used motor

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by bmffishing247, Aug 6, 2004.

1. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

i'm looking for a 35 to 50 horse motor. does anybody know of a good place to look for one used and one i will get a good price on. i want this to be tiller control

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Try iboats.com...most are newer models, but have warranties.

I would be really cautious of Ebay. I know a few guys who bought bad outboards from ebay sellers that were less than honest in their descriptions. However, I do know a few guys that got some good equipement at great prices. It's really hit or miss.

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

what about a 9.9 i would like to find one this winter if i don't buy a new boat in the spring.

4. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

when i was lookin for a motor i just called around to all the marinas i could think of and ask what they had ...they usually dont advertise there used stock till you ask about it...a got a awsome deal on an older 6 hp at knox marine

5. i have a evinrude 25hp i needs to sell asap...
    $500...
    fish4wall

6. Try smalloutboards.com

Bought a '89 15hp evinrude from them this spring for about $600.
    Runs great, good service and I believe they even guarentee them.
    Phish Phil