close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for a good brand of Jon Boat

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by bmffishing247, May 7, 2004.

1. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

Well I have made up my mind, i need a good fishing boat. I have a 1974 starcraft boat and i started to fix it up to be a really nice fishing boat but i just don'e want it anymore. i'm looking to go to a Jon Boat. i really like the grizzly series by tracker. i just wnat the hull nothing fancy i like doing all of the work to turn it into a one of a kind. does anybody else have any good ideas of a good tough brand. i will be selling the starcraft well not really the boat will basically be free i'm just selling the motor which is a 1976 85 horse and the brand neww never used minnkota powerdrive 65 pound thrust trolling motor for 1000 bucks. i plan on posting pictures of this boat and the motors sometime by the end of the weekend. I know i can get some advice from my other fellow fisherman.

thanks to all
    bmffishing247

2. UncleBud

UncleBud Retired and Happy

Take a look at www.lowe.com. They have 12 different types of Jon boats listed. I just bought a Sea Nymph utility V series. 1467T and like it very much.
    Prices seem to be right, too. Good Luck.

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i have a lowe deep v.... 1677 wt and like very much for the price. knox marine bon knox lake has the best price on them . lowe makes all-welded and riveted.

4. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

I have a Lowe 1648 and love it. I have to go with freyedknot and head you over to Know marine. That is where I bought my boat and I even had the factory put a floor in mine. It covers the floor and the ribs up on the inner sides. Great boat.