close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looking for a fish and ski

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by mojo, Jan 17, 2005.

1. mojo

mojo

0   0   0

If anyone knows someone selling a cheap fish and ski model i'd be interested. Not really concerned on make as long as it runs. Prefererably under $5000. Also looking for an older datoka as well...under 4000. Cheaper is always better.

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

0   0   0

I found this at Hern Marine in Cinci while I was looking for a boat. It's a 16' 115hp 1991 Armada Fish and Ski that looks nice. $3750 Click on this link and scroll down untill you see it. There is a pic.

http://www.hernmarine.com/preenjoyed/default.asp

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

0   0   0

From my own experiences (I've owned 2 fish n skis) I would highly recommend looking for one with a 150 or better on it if possible. F/S's are usually heavy for their size, with the added seating and windshields, and when you're pulling a skier it's night and day with a v6. If you're gonna use it for fishing mainly, it prolly won't matter unless you have an itch for speed.

4. mojo

mojo

0   0   0

I'm primarily looking for a fishing boat but will definitely be doing some water sports and entertaining on it as well. Most of what i've seen is in the 115 range, is that still too little you think? What brand did you own? with my price range i can't be picky but i drool over anything Ranger. Thanks for the link, looked a little small still. I found a great boat the other day with good seating and size but it got sold the next day. I figure i'll have to wait till spring when more come on the market. My internet searches haven't brought up much.

5. Minor

Minor Wannabe Fisherman

0   0   0

If ya can pull it off, definitely look for one with a 150hp. I have a 18' Ranger fish and ski and am very disappointed with the 115hp and should have waited and ordered one with a 150hp. From reading different post on bassboatcentral.com, the guys with the 150's on the same boat as mine are getting up to 20mph more than myself (GPS speed). Am considering taking the loss on my not quite a year old 115 and upgrading. Love my boat, just not the performance . .. .:(. . . My first boat . .. so live and learn is all I can do . .

Good Luck . .. :)

6. mojo

mojo

0   0   0

just curious, what speed does your boat top out at with the 115?

7. Minor

Minor Wannabe Fisherman

0   0   0

37 to 41 mph gps . . . a certain dealership promised me 50mph when i bought the boat . . . but doesn't want to talk numbers since i've added gps .. . . go figure . . . they were great at time of sale .. . .but since then . . .have been less than desirable to deal with . . . .up until they saw my boat with gps system . . .they swore the 115 would do 50mph .. . after seeing my gps antenna . . . .they have a different tune to sing .. . .wanted to put a 150hp on the boat from day one. . ..but they said it would be sold as is . .I lived . .. .and learned ..:_). .. next boat . . no fish and skis to start with . .:). . .but as life is . .. have a 04 ranger fish and ski with a 115hp merc . . . 37 to 41 top gps speed. . ..:( .. . .if ya'll have a good merc dealer in mind .. please send tell . . .am planning on upgrading. . . :) . . .the dealer that i bought the boat from couldn't even touch a deal that i made out of state while on vacation .. . go figure. . .not much on smearing. . .but do your homework before buying a new boat. .. .:) .. this was my first boat. . ..but i grew up on leesville and in a family that always had a nice bass boat . . .this has by far been the worst boat we've owned. . ..

8. ohio bass

ohio bass

0   0   0

minor, Norton Marine in Akron or Vics sports center in Brimfield are great mercury dealers. They also have very good service and treat their customers like gold. i dont know the phone number off the top off my head for Norton marine but Vics is 330-673-7600. good luck

9. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

0   0   0

My tidecraft f/s (17 foot) with a 120hp topped out around 38 mph (GPS).

The Stratos I bought last year (18.5 foot, 150hp Johnson) hits 67.6 GPS. Sucker HUSTLES.

10. Ol' Whiskers

Ol' Whiskers

0   0   0

It's a nice boat. I've got arthritis too bad to launch and run her any more. I hate to see it go, but I don't want it to rot in the garage. PM me if you're interested and I'll e-mail some pics. 47 mph with the SS prop:

1990 MONTEREY by Seabring - Archer FL
    18’-6” Bowrider 88” beam
    170hp 4.3l Mercruiser Alpha I I/O
    Sundeck + Swim Platform + Ladder + Convertible Top
    AM / FM Stereo Cassette
    Outdrive Trailering Supports
    Trailerable Cover
    Arrow Single Axle Trailer / Surge Brakes / Spare
    Locks & Cables
    1 - Stainless Steel Prop
    1 - Aluminum Prop
    Onboard Battery Charger
    Auxiliary Battery & Flood Light
    Drive-On Trailer Jack
    Hummingbird 100SX Fishfinder
    2 - 15# Navy Anchors & 1 10# Mushroom
    2 - 3/8 braided anchor rope 100 ft
    Custom adjustable SS Rodholders
    Flushmuffs
    Extra Docklines
    Searchlight
    PFDs: 6 adult, 3 child, 1 dog
    Fire Extinguisher
    Distress Flag
    Air Horn
    2 - 5ft high-impact aluminum/plastic Oars
    Boat Hook
    3 Fenders/Quick Clips
    H2O-proof Box
    Probably some other stuff I can't remember
    Laminated Nav charts of Ohio River

Zero Hours on New SS Thermostat, New Waterpump Kit, and
    Oil / Filter Change -- New Trailer Wheel Bearings/Seals

Excellent Condition - Large Open Bow -- Garage kept, very clean, seatcovers starting to show some cracking -- Capacity: 6 Adults Ski (pulls 2 skiers), sunbathe, fish day or night - used exclusively on Brookville Lake and Ohio River; never beached -- Good family boat -- Towed with Grand Caravan

asking $7500

Best of luck finding the boat you really want.