close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

looking for a 2-3 inch .22lr or .22Mag Revolver

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 27, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

My dad is looking for a small frame perferablly snub nose or no more than a 3 inch .22LR o .22Mag Revolver. Does anyone have anmy suggestions, or know where to point us to? He's been thinking about a Taurus, but the price has went up to $280 on them & for $100 or so he could get a nice lite S&W.

2. the dunkle

the dunkle Juicy Jay every day

U might want to check out Strum Ruger. They make quality hand guns that r resonably priced i think the model sp101 is in 22lr and 22. mag and if there if u dont mind swithcing to the auto a Mk II is a great hand gun

3. H2O Mellon

Yeap I used t have the 110 .357, plus have a MK II (the best semi auto .22 for the $ in my opinon) I have one of the metal frame ones & love it. RUger makes a great small frame .22 (the Bearcat or Bearcub, somethign liek that) but they are way over $300.

4. H2O Mellon

FYI: I'm one of the biggest Ruger fans you'll ever see. I've owned/own

.454 Causual (Super Redhawk)
    .44 Mag (Blackhawk)
    .45 LC (Blackhawk)
    a couple diff 10/22's
    .357 (110)
    .22 MKII
    .243 MIV (?) rifle, the nicest shooting .24e I've seen w/out spending $1K

I love Rugers products. I've never owned one fo their shotguns, I wish I could afford a Red Label.

5. Hey Bryan how soon does the ol`man want one?i`m heading to ashland on the 12th thru the 14th.i can check out fin-feather and fur for ya.

6. H2O Mellon

prob about 2-3 weeks

7. Don't know how small he wants?North American Arms makes the smallest handguns out there.I have their 4 smallest guns ;) Great guns great company.I had a garage fire a few years ago that distroyed 24 guns of mine,sent the NA arms pistols back to them,for a 3rd of the price of new they sent me 2 new ones.After that I bought 2 more :)http://www.naaminis.com/bwmm.html