close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LOOKING FOR 9.9 2 stroke!

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by JUSTCRAZY, Aug 23, 2005.

1. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

0   0   0

I have been looking for a 9.9 two stroke motor, it must be a long shaft and tiller steer, and I prefer pull start. I would really like to find one that has been upgrade to put out more HP. I am willing to buy it outright or trade for a 2001 9.9 4 stroke Mercury. This motor has VERY little time on the water.

I would also consider a 4 stroke Nissan, one of the newer models.

Any help would be appriciated!
    Thanks
    Rob

2. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

0   0   0

Still in the market for a motor. Any help would be appriciated.

3. PIKEMAN

PIKEMAN

0   0   0

I have a pair of Mariner engines. One is a 1984 9.9M and the other is a 15M (not sure on year...close to 1984). I've had the 9.9M for 4 years, and it runs great (took it on a week long trip to MN camping this Aug......ran like a top).

I bought the 15M this spring with the intent of doing a little swapping to make my 9.9 have the guts of the 15. I changed out the carbs, and both motors still run excellent, but I didn't realize the HP gain that I was expecting. There may be something else I have to change (throttle linkage, etc.)

I'm unclear as to whether the engines are long or short shaft. The engines are longer than my 1969 6 Hp Johnson that I know is a short shaft, but shorther than my 1995 40 Hp Merc. I can tell you exact measurements if you are interested.

My 40 Hp engine is oil injected, so I carry straight gas on my boat. I'd be interested in negotiating a trade for your 4 stroke; this would allow me to use one gas tank for the main engine and the trolling engine.

If you want to see the engine's; I live in Canton. I'll also be fishing the Cripple Creek Cat tourny this weekend.

- Dave