close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

looking for 40hp+

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by williambauman, Apr 13, 2005.

1. williambauman

williambauman

0   0   0

I have a 16ft runabout, motor has problems, looking to replace it, anyone who has one they want to get rid of let me know.

2. bassteaser1

bassteaser1 Feared by all that swim

0   0   0

3. williambauman

williambauman

0   0   0

yeah I keep watching ebay but everything that runs gets out of my price range. I know I am wishing on a star trying to find one that runs cheap but it doesn't hurt nothin' to ask.

4. bassteaser1

bassteaser1 Feared by all that swim

0   0   0

whats the price range and about what years?does it matter if it's steering or tiller?Make?

5. williambauman

williambauman

0   0   0

I only have about $500. My boat is a 1972 Glasspar tri hull open bow it is set up with a steering wheel so I would like one that I could use the steering wheel. The wife and I bought it at the end of last summer. It is our first boat. The guy we got it from said he rebuilt the powerhead. He forgot to tighten a piston first time we used it the piston was in there bouncing around so bad it took chunks out of the block. That was a 76 evenrude 85hp. So we found this 78 johnson 85hp pretty cheap used it acouple of times now something is wrong with it(won't start). I work on cars so I know a little about motors but I have to say these boat motors are a little different. HA HA. Anyway it doesn't matter what year just so long as it runs. If I could just get through this summer. I know that's alot to ask for, people in hell want ice water but that don't mean they are going to get it huh.