close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

looking 4 a food dehydrator

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by fishingful, Jul 24, 2007.

1. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

0   0   0

any one got one that works that they want to get rid of?
    i will be in the columbus area next weekend and live near akron

2. FISHIN 2

FISHIN 2

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Wally world has em for around 45 bucks. I got a NESCO, made by American Harvest Co. It is a fan forced model, 500 watts drying power. Comes with 4 trays, extra trays are roughly 20- for 2. It takes me 4 hrs to dry 5 lbs of jerky. That's 8 trays of meat. About 5 lbs worth of ground meat. I made a batch just last weekend and DAMN, it is GOOOOD! Used 6 packs of nesco original jerky mis, 2 packs of hot& spicy, along with a little cayenne, garlic powder, liquid smoke, and some black pepper. I purchased a jerky shooter from Cabela's, grind meat to burger, mix, let set at least 4 hrs to marry the flavors and squirt jerky onto trays. Put on high for 2 hrs, remove trays and blot off all visible grease, re-arrange trays top goes to bottom now and let cook another couple hours and take off trays when texture is what you want, blot all grease again, let lay, covered ,a couple hours and package as you wish. I would send ya some, just wouldn't make it out of the post office.:D { SMELLS GOOOOD };) Let me know how yours turns out if thats what your doin ! Mike
    ps. you're better off buyin a new one as they get the devil used out of em !!

3. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

0   0   0

i have been looking for one at the local stors and havent found one yet i guess i will keep looking

have a whole ground deer in the freezer from last winter and i want some jerkey :)

4. FISHIN 2

FISHIN 2

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Just type walmart in google box, go to walmart.com. Enter NESCO in search box, will come up 44.88, free shipping. hope this helps. Mike;)

5. Jumbo

Jumbo

0   0   0

My Ol Lady can dry out my dinner any day of the week, for a buck an a half, she's all yours........:D