close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lookin to buy a boat

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by picktowndad, Jul 18, 2007.

1. picktowndad

picktowndad share the joy of fishin

Howdy,
    Ive been a lurker for a good while, tons of great info on here. I am in the process of buying a used boat and am looking at a 82 tracker III. I know the guy that has it, he kept it maintained, stored inside,it looks ok, has no fish finder, trolling motor is ok, 40 HP merc great shape. trailer needs minor work. Anyone that has any info on these boats would be appreciated. I am in central ohio and will be posting some of our bank fishin pics soon. Any ideas of the value?

thanks everyone

2. well i have some friends that have these types of boats and they say they sturdy boats shllow though not for big water or rough water so you can plan on getting wet i have aluminum boat they set high in water so when its choppy you will get wet but they are eazy on gas , hope thats helps just my opinion !!!

3. picktowndad

Thanks for the reply.

4. I have had an 1985 tracker for 4 years now. Love this boat - keep it off Lake Erie and out of the heavy chop (2' or more) and you will be fine. I had a 35 and a 9.9 I interchangable on it - the 9.9 would run all summer on 12gallons of gas, the 35 could go through a 6 gallon tank in 3 trips.

Last weekend my boat caught fire while towing on the highway. The damage was limited to the gas can compartment but it is totalled and I havent started stripping it out for the scrap yard yet. My trailer is in perfect working order - in fact I put a fulton hinge tongue kit on it. Mind you it is not in "beautiful" condition, but it is in fully functional condition.

I would be interested in selling the trailer, provided that my 1985 tracker III trailer will fit your 1982 tracker III.

I would totally recommend this boat for inland waterways. shallow enough to get you anywhere you want to go, plenty fast and launches from anything close to resembling a ramp. Its cheap and supports a deck / post seating, a live well, bow mount trolling motor and a depth finder - what else is there ?really?

If it is in good condition, I would say the whole package is worth $2000-2500. If you can see that work is in order before you can hit the water I would go $1500.

5. picktowndad

Frozentoze,
    Thanks for the reply, a buddy has this boat. The price seemed good in your range. has a 40 merc just serviced.Wanted one for small rives and lakes, buckeye, rush creek, maybe Alum Creek. But I didnt know anything about this boat. Seats are good. Is your bottom flat or a modified V? thank you for the response.

Doug

6. Mine is a modified V. This boat will go all the places you want to go. I have taken mine to large and small rivers and reserviors without any issue.

7. picktowndad

Frozentoez,
    Thanks for your info, you put the icing on the cake. I picked up the boat friday night, rewired the trailer lights, greased the bearings, took it to Buckeye ocean with my two high school boys.

The boat ran prety good getting some pressure loss out of the gas supply hose so i will check it out this week. Got skunked fishin. But all in all a good day. Havent had a boat in about 15 yrs so it was nice to get back on the water. I am looking for a reasonable new or used fish finder. I cant believe the technology now a days any suggestions any one?
    thanks to aLL FOR THE IMPUT

Doug