lookin at this boat any info?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by onesmokinduramax, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Hi im lookin at maybe getin this boat. I dont know much about them. Its a 93 Stratos (274) with a 150 Johson motor. the boat is 17ft but thats not measuring the motor.
    It has two live wells ,trolling motor,2 fish finder. with 2 new Interstate batteries and the other one is not to old.

So are these boats a good boat? What is a 93 worth?

The trailer is in good shape with good tires.

Also how fast would it go?

any one with any info on this boats would be great. thatnks

2. The One

The One Ret. 1SG U.S. Army

3. Ok ill look at the value.. But far as quality and how well do they handle? I had a old trihull and it kinda sucked for fishing... Thanks

4. The One

The One Ret. 1SG U.S. Army

you might want to check the what's your boat look like thread and see if anyone has a similar boat.

5. Champion188 Elite

Champion188 Elite Smallie slayer

Check the hull for damage such as stress cracks,or cracks in the transom and if it all possible get the motor checked out with a compression test and or leak down test.
    Speed is kind of hard to guess without more info.It,s all in the set up! Does it have a jackplate?If so how much set back?What type of prop and what pitch?Speed can vary greatly according to the set-up.
    With the correct set-up it should be a 60 mph boat plus or minus a couple.

6. what is jackplate set up? I got the boat with me going to take it to a dealer tomro and have them cheek it out.

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

That's a great idea having it checked out. What's the asking price anyway?

8. Champion188 Elite

Champion188 Elite Smallie slayer

A jackplate is an aluminum plate which goes between the transom and outboard other than the outboard being bolted directlt to the transom.They come in various sizes from 4" to 14" of set back.
    The plate bolts to the transom then the motor bolts to the plate.
    They have adjustments so that the motor can be raised or lowered by simply loosening a couple bolts and running the adjustment bolt up or down to get your motor in the best position.They also make hydraulic plates which will run off of a switch just as the tilt/trim.
    Their purpose is to set the motor back away from the transom so that the outboards propellar runs in less turbulant water giving better bow lift and all around performance.Set up is simply finding the best position for the motor,if the motor is set to low you lose bow lift and speed,if its too high you can lose water pressure and handleing.Think of it as trying to find the best of both worlds.Rule of thumb is too run the motor as high as possible without losing water pressue and handleing,performance will also suffer if the motor is too high.
    They are not a necessity,but they do help performance

9. Well i had it cheek out and it needed a few small stuff done to the motor so. Boat store told me that the boat is and good shape.

So the guy was wanting my quad it was a 99 polaris scambler so he traded me the boat for for the quad.

I was not lookin for a boat but couldint pass it up. Now i can not wait till it gets warmer :D