close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Look at your Checking Account Statements!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KSUFLASH, May 11, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I just wanted to let you all know to make sure if you are using a check card that is provided to you through your local banks, to purchase things instead of writing checks, to look at your statements carefully. There seems to be a problem with some of the chain stores double dipping your account. I can speak from experience now. I have been double dipped for $500 out of my checking account. At first I just thought it was a fluke, now I see three stores have double dipped. If you are able to check your accounts online I would do so immediately, and if you notice there is a problem, then you will have to go to the bank to fill out some forms, as do I after work tonight.

flash--------------------------------------out

2. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Can you tell us what stores double dipped you and let us know if it gets resolved?

We (The wife and I) check our account online on a daily basis.

Sure am sorry this has happened. I hope you get good resolution to this. good luck

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Ya I'de be pretty interested in know which stores made these "accidents."

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

From what the bank is telling me, it isn't really which store that it is happening at, but rather the service those stores use to process these debt transactions. They told me they have had numerous reports from people regarding Walmart, Home Depot, Sprint PCS, and Best Buy.

So basically the company that handles all these chain stores Debit transactions is making some kind of mistake, or its a software glitch.

flash-------------------------out

5. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

flash, thanks for the heads up.......... :cool:

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Guys, this is right up my alley, the problem is casued my the systems that the stores/fininancial insitutions use. In the Southwest area, its MAC (Money Access Systems). These errors usually get corrected once MAC runs their tapes & has to balance, but it could lead to MAJOR problems reg folks like us!

7. I Dont Like To Deal W/banks But In My Situation Have To.anyways I Had A Chking Acct.at Charter One And Was Coming Up Short About Every Month.after I Went In An Told Em Some B* Said You Prove It In A Nasty Tone...i Left There And Went To First M And Havent Had A Problem There Since..hey,i Know How To Use A Calculator And Math Was Always My Best Subject.... :)

8. i check my accounts every day on line. in the last five years i've found five mistakes. thanks to the on line banking it hasn't presented me with any problems. i have found, however, over 10 times where i was charged a company for something i didn't want. i think it's called forcing. you answer a questioneer or enter a contest and the next thing you know you have purchased some thing you didn't know you had. i've never had a problem getting the cost of the recredited to my account. the problem is that it usualy takes 4-6 weeks. usualy it's some form of insurance.

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Oh yes, insurances, man do we see a lot of those!!!