close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Longview Swim 5-14-04

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by Tornichio, May 16, 2004.

1. I fished a new swim this friday evening. I decided to call it longview swim. I decided to make up some ground bait mix and did quite a bit of chumming. I tried an experimental method feeder that I dreamed up the other day. It seems to work well so far. For some reason I was never able to actually cast a pack bait out very far at all. I am convinced that it much have something to do with my rods. They are broom stick catfish rods. But they feeder at least allowed me to cast fairly far out. I was fishing with field corn that had soaked for a week. It smelled pretty good. But the fish did not seem to be interested in it. I also tried a couple of shrimp I ended up catching a catfish. It was very small. No carp bites. I ended up cutting about a third of the way through my thumb when I was tried to cut a boilie in half with a filet knife. So my fishing was cut short. I did find out that my chum worked reall well. When I first arrived there were no fish jumping but by the end there were many different carp jumping right in front of me less than 15 yards away. I am convinced that they were feeding on my chum though. I even think I saw a couple of catfish feeding also. I ended up chuming all my bait out at the end with hopes of trying to fish in the morning but ended up not being able to go out since it was raining all day. The good news is that I think all my scouting is starting to pay off. I saw at least one carp that looked over 20lbs jump out of the water and approximately 500 to 600 yards away I saw on jump that I am guessing was over 30 It was huge. I hope you guys had better luck than me this weekend.

later,
    Marc

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

thats a great start marc..you have to go back and catch them now.. :D