close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

long weekend carping..

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by crappielooker, Jul 2, 2004.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i'm about to beat the heat and start my weekend fishing..good luck to all who goes out..
    hope to see some of you this weekend...........somewhere... :D

2. crappielooker

great night to be out..finally catching some fish, its been a long dry spell..
    lost a couple to heavy "timber" biggest of the night weighs in at 20lbs..

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Crappie, get you rear end back out there and beat that 20 lber. Did you restock your corn supply :rolleyes:

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

good to see someone is catching fish!

5. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Ak, are you at eagle creek this weekend?

6. he's at alum...well he was last night

7. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Thanks BigJohn. Is he still planning a trip down? I'm assuming this is more for your family 4th festivities than fishing but I know he'll be have to be hitting some water too.

There is no way in hell that he will be fishing alum during the day this weekend... That would be crazy, but we are talking about Ak:p

8. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Ak and Alum
    Sitting in a tree
    K-I-S-S-I-N-G
    First Comes Love....

If he spends much more time there he will have to foward his mail. I agree the marina at Alum will be nuts the next couple of days, may make for an interesting night bite when the water calms down .

May be a good weekend to hit Hoover during the day and Alum at bight.

9. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Ive been hitting Alum pretty hard with AK, its had its slow times for sure..lol....
    Hey Ak, give me a call if your going out tonight(that is if its a spot where some carp are biting..lol)

Scott

10. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I'll make it out with you guys eventually. Been so hectic around here the past month it's been pathetic!

11. crappielooker

miso..LOL..thats funny..sometimes i feel like moving to alum..it would eliminate that 50 miles drive each way.. :D .
    tim..i will try and head to eagle creek before the actual event to do some major chumming..
    gettin up and ready right now..heading back to fish in the storm.. :D

12. crappielooker

well..another busy night dealing with "timber"..i must have a knack for them..can't seems to get past it for some reason...the fish was there mopping every morsels of food we throw out.. great night to be out..pics to come when my battery is charged..
    heavy gears comin back out of the closet..and more food than my van can hold..thats what in order for the next time out..for sure... :D
    good time out there scott..it can only get better.. ;)

13. Sounds like your having fun!!!
    I'll try to hook-up down your way later this summer one weekend when I don't have the kids...
    HAPPY 4TH

14. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

And you complain about the rent in Bucyrus :D

15. crappielooker

rent wont be so bad if i uses the marina as my address.. :p

16. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Yeah, until after 2 weeks straight on the bank and the rangers kick you out :D LOL. Now THAT I would have to see :D

17. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Yup good times for sure..fished from 9pm-6am, lost as many as we landed!

The "square" swim is starting to heat up for sure, but dang you have to chum the heck out of them to get there attention..geez!
    At the end of the session both Ak & I were totally out of chum...i think AK went through about 12 lbs. of maise and i shot out over 40 balls of chum.

Post the pic. you took when you get back from Chicago man.

Scott

18. crappielooker

just have to add that i went to fish at the ping tom park in chinatown and had a blast!!.. the fish was there in great numbers, but the size were small..a nice easy park to fish..definitely will fit lots of people.. caught them all old style..no bite alarms, pod..just watchin the line and set the hook..1 rod was keeping me busy, thats all i used was 1 rod;)..also had lots of looks from the local chinese, i think they were drooling when they saw what i pulled out of there.. :p ..definitely a place to hit after a nice meal.. :D
    all i can say is, i missed fishin in my "square"..even though you definitely need 2 people to land the fish..
    PS..i dunno about 12lbs..it seeems a lot more than that..
    anyone up for a session this week?? :cool:

19. crappielooker

heh heh..the ranger wont kick me out..we are buddies now.. :D he came by and checked out the brolly last time..yup, the big guy himself got out of his cruiser..i couldn't freakin believe it.. he also remember me well from last years episode.. :D

20. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Im game for sure...hows about weds. night?
    Give me a shout if so.

Scott

Heck i have to go to the feedstore tues. and buy tons of stuff...im all out, this Alum thing is running me out of chum FAST..lol