Long lake?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jay2k, Sep 5, 2008.

1. jay2k

jay2k Inch short

Where is the ramp located on long lake? Thinkin of trying it this sunday evening if the wheater and wind is decent. Hows the bass fishing been recently? Thanks!

2. Its called Cove Rd. If you pass Autozone you went too far.

3. It's south on 93, Manchester Rd., not 95.

4. jay2k

jay2k Inch short

Thanks a lot guys!

5. Keep in mind the ramp is not like the other ramps at portage lakes. By that I mean it is not paved and does not have boat tie off areas. It is simply a slope into the lake and is comprised of small gravel (crushed limestone, I think). This may or may not be an issue for you depending on the size and weight of boat you plan on using there. I have a heavier boat and my front wheel drive van had a good bit of difficulty pulling my boat out at the end of the day as my tires spun on the loose limestone. A light boat or 4 wheel drive vehicle should have no problem though.

6. jay2k

jay2k Inch short

Well, I made it out a few hours in the late afternoon. Got a safety check by The Division of Watercraft before hitting it though. Got the 08 sticker right at the tail end of my season! Better late than never. Fished mainly the west shoreline because of wind and didn't take a thing. The shad are super thick in there too and was wondering if that had something to do with it. Oh well. Marked a lot of fish deep with no takers. Anyone else do anything?

7. North Res. is the same way right now. You can see the minnies hopping and jumping everywhere. I assume they are jumping from bluegills, crappie, bass, etc. that are chasing them on top but I have noticed every year that this makes the fishing tough. I think it is due to the fact that there is so much forage available. I really don't have a pattern for this situation. Anyone have any suggestions?

8. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Swimbaits and very small (1/16 to 3/32) jigs with your choice of small trailer (twister, up to 4" worm, etc).

Buick