close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

long lake friday july 9

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mousejam515, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Me and my brother went to long lake this evening. I got a real nice bass. The biggest fish I have ever cought. It was about 18.5 inches and about 3.5 lb. I got it on a lindy rig with a night crawler just off the weed bed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. that there is a gold mine for bass,not to many people fish there.try a texas rigged berkly bungee worm,natural color or bluefleck and good old junebug.When i first started fishin plastic thats where i went on the first time. got there went in to the cove to left proceeded to catch bass after bass until they stole ate or ripped all my worms apart.Now fishin is still fishin and we all know how that goes,but pick the right set of lilys out there and your arm might be hurtin when you come home.I used to only bass fish,but now i am hypnotized by lake erie,but when i do bass fish long and mog. are the best.good luck out there. :D

3. Glad to see you caught this on a lindy rig.

LindyRigger

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Long is a great lake. I got a 7#er out there 2 years ago. I took a few pics and released her.

5. :) I went out to Long between 9am and noon and got 8 bass. I only measured the first at 17". A couple of the others were about 3 Lbs but most were about a pound. It was an ideal day. The wind was gentle out of the south. It was humid and overcast, water temp almost 79 at the surface. I caught the first one on a buzz bait, the next 2 on a tube and the rest on a white tailed Colorado spinner. Most came near the edge of the weeds in about 4 ft. Surprisingly, the big bite came just before noon. Fun day. No pictures. Luck continued. I got the boat out and was driving out and the rain started. Life is good!

6. Had a decent topwater bite going on Sunday. Having trouble finding that magic worm or tube out there. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

7. Eh where is the boat launch for Long Lake?

8. went out tonight. same spot as friday night. i got a 16 inch bass. wich felt alot bigger since he got all tangled in a big clump of weeds. we also got some perch and gills and a cat.

i put my boat in long at t's long lake bait and tackle. but you have to have permision to put in there. and the other one is off of manchester its like the road after the auto zone across from a trailer park and a small resturant. maby someone else knows the name of the road.

9. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

The boat launch is off of Cove rd. Cove road is off of Manchester rd (rt 93), near Young's Seafood restaraunt and Nesmith Lake. Going South, it is the first (or second?) road going east after passing Carnegie Ave (going west). The launch is near the end of this dead end street. It is only about 1/2 mile south of 224.

There is also another launch at a bait and tackle place I am not familiar with.

10. Yep. You both are right. Tim at Long Lake Tackle is a great guy and will hook you up. Puts on a good tournament too. I haven't been in to see him in a while. He tried to get on here, but couldn't. Must be a cookie problem.

Best minnow count goin', that's for sure.

Carl

11. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I agree with Big Daddy that Tim is a great guy. I always use the Cove Road ramp, but when I take my boys fishing we stop in there to get some bait. He is real good with the kids.