close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

long lake drowning

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by johnboy111711, Sep 13, 2004.

1. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

they are searching for a person who's capsized boat was found last night.

2. I don't think the boat was flipped, they found it drifting out in the middle of the lake empty with all the guy's stuff in it.

Tim called me yesterday morning and let me know what was going on. I would have gone out to help them out, but I was already out fishing the SSA Silver Lake catfish outing.

Very sad story. The family and everyone involved is in my prayers.

3. Bummer I always hate to hear about this kinda stuff.

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

turns out that i actually know the mans daughter. really sad story, and i heard the boat was flipped on the 8 am news on 97.5

5. Yeah, it is sad. I was out there today covering the story for tonight's news on TV 3 and 23. The main story will be on TV23 at 6:30.

I posted a call for help for the family in the Lounge. They're asking for help in searching for the man, Gary Riffle is his name.

Contact Tim at Long Lake Bait and Tackle. He's organizing the search.

Also, say a prayer for the family if you would. They sure could use the support. Thanks.

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I voluntered the search yesterday afternoon. I was disapointed at the small amount of help. 1 Sherrif boat and about 5 other boats. I will be back out there after work this afternoon.

7. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

that would be one hell of a lake to fall into.if you
    fell out of your boat and right into one of those weed
    mats,i seriously doubt you could get out on your own. :(

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Sad to hear this. If I were closer, and/or had more time, I would help out. I hope you guys can find him.

9. Sad news, they found the fellow that fell out of his boat. What a tradgedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and his fellow fishing friends. Be careful out there guys.

10. A sad day for family and friends. Be careful out there guys and gals look out for one and another. Safety first fish is second.

11. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

This is a real tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

- Jim

12. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I heard he had a heart attack and was gone before he hit the water. It really doesn't matter how it happened but if (when) I go I hope it's doing something I loved.