close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Long Lake 7/3

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cheezemm2, Jul 4, 2007.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Was out at Long hunting largemouth and was a little shocked to see the water so green. It looked like a major algae bloom or something of the like? Does anyone have some insight on this?

Also watched a bassboat coming wide open across the lake w/his 115hp merc. I will post the pic of the boat when I get the film scanned:D

Caught 4 bass with one blow-up coming completely out of the water (missed it ofcourse)

Nothing huge, but bassin for the last 2-3 days for me has been TOUGH!!# :S

2. Hey, have you been back to the old reliable Mogadore? I'm back and don't have to work until Monday.

3. zeppelin_2000

zeppelin_2000 Barberton,Ohio

What ONLY ONE BOAT I've fished it the last two weekends and 80% :( of them run
    wide open from one spot to another all day. It only quiets down when it gets dark.

At first light stay out of the way for the mad rush and it starts all over again.

good thing I like to fish at night :B :p

that green came up week before last early monday morning, may have been because it was so warm overnight.:confused:

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

the green is probably from the weeds dying... is it an antifreeze green? I know mogadore gets it also

5. Whatever you do, DO NOT throw a buzzbait in that nasty green water!:p