Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Long today in the wind. Early wasn't so bad and fish were on. Caught several nice crappies, a few perch, cfish got 3 channel cats, one of which weighed 12lb 11 oz (I had my scale!) I caught a nice LM bass, which had the tail of a 6 inch shad protruding from it's throat! Was a lot of fun, except for that brutal wind! All fish were released to get bigger for next time. Oh yeah, crappies were FULL of eggs... Looked like they all had golf balls in their bellies...;)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Man Bigdaddy, you and your buddy really got a bead on the fishin at Long. I went there Friday and the water color really sucked and I got skunked. Is the water clearing know? Nice pics and save some fish for me;)

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Water was stained, but clearing up... The wind was pretty bad...

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Nice job on the variety. :)

·
Fish when I can...
28 Posts
Carl,
You guys must have been there early on Sunday. My brother and I went out about 2-2:30 PM and caught a mixed bag of Crappie, gill's and Bass. The crappie were the scrawniest I've ever pulled out of Long Lake, but fun nonetheless. Anyhow, if I see you out I'll definitely give you a shout!!!

P.S.- nice cat! I marked some huge fish Sunday...had to be cat's, but didn't have any luck hooking up.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that's what we ran into on the crappie too. Most were dinks. Had a couple decent ones, full of eggs.

We threw them all back, were just fun-fishing.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to the bait shop. He didn't charge to launch, but I bought my bait there and did ask if I could launch.

Very nice guy.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure. Just heard he sold the shop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts