close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Long Lake 3/20

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Hit Long Sunday with TxTransplant. We got into a mixed bag, mostly gills, with a bunch of real good sized (7+ inchers) redears and bull gills, two crappie, two bass, and one golden shiner. LOL. I need to get used to fishing with my long rods(10 fters) rather than my ice rods! It was fun to be on the water though. Thanks Gene for letting me school you again. LOL.

2. Just curious about the early season panfish methods. I usually downsize everything much like ice fishing. As the weather warms I like to switch to small tube jigs and stay with them for much of the season. Anyone do things differently? I know the crappie will hit most anything when they are on, but I always find it difficult from year to year to predict when they really turn on. Anyone have any theories on water temp etc.
    Thanks in advance for any info.

Bdrape

3. Yes, we were using pretty much the same methods we use on the ice. Light line, small bobbers, pinmins, and maggots or waxworms. For the crappie, early we'll live bait them with small minnows under a slip bobber, on a gold #4 hook. As the water warms, we swith to tubes and small twister tails, sometimes tipped with minnows.