close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Long Lake 3/16/05

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CanePole, Mar 16, 2005.

1. :) Drove around portage lakes this morning with my boat in my truck,looking for some minnies and some open water.Ended up at a bait shop on Long Lake,where I met the owner Tim.Got my bait,had a cup of coffee,and got some information on the lake.Bait shop boat ramp still iced up so I had to go to public ramp.Got out on the lake and tried everything I knew with no luck,so I went and tried a spot the owner of the bait shop told me about.Did pretty good,caught 3 nice crappie,11 plus inches.A 14 in. bass,and a few perch.I think I'll wait and go back out friday.Boy,was it nice to be out on open water!!And catch fish too!!

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Tim's a great guy and has a wealth of knowledge on that lake.

3. I'm Sure Jealous, Just Been Looking And Waiting And Waiting And Waiting

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

hey dave, did you get a new boat?

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

with the news that the lake is open i might be out there soon...congrats on the fish!

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Ben I did get a new used boat. Lots of room and lots of speed!!! I'm ready to go!!!

7. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

nice boat, lookin forward to seeing you out there.

flash-----------------------out

8. Good to hear Fish are being caught out there. The weather is on the rise too. It won't be to long before the spawn starts.

9. Hmmmm.... Sunday could be a very interesting day....LOL

10. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

I cant wait any longer. Where is SPRING?????

11. next time your in there ask to see his pictures!! i've lived in the portage lakes for alot of years and i would never have believed what is swimming in that lake.loads of fish ohio catfish, boat loads.

12. There are some big old cats in there. That's for sure.