close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lodge Suggestions

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by portabote jim, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Looking to get away for a long weekend this spring w/ my son. I've always wanted to go down to KY Lake, but its probably too far for what I want to do. I'm in the Cleve/Akron area and wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts for a trip to Mich, KY, PA or Ontario for a fishing trip. I do a lot around Ladue and just wanted something different. THanks

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

try a week at pymatuning it's close by, but the fishing can be awsome...plus lots of lake to fish

3. If you want to try your hand at some good muskie fishing, Cave Run Lake down in KY is only an easy 5 hour drive from Cleveland. There is a lodge near the lake called the Mountain Muskie Lodge run by some good local muskie guides. You can check them out at http://www.kymuskie.com/

My family has a cabin down there and I fish Cave Run for ski's and bass quite a bit. It's a very good numbers lake for muskie and a good place for a newbie muskie fisherman to get their first fish especially with a little help from a guide. Cave Run is where my dad and I first got hooked on muskie fishing :).

Is there a particular fish specie that you would like to target? Between my dad and I we've fished every lake, reservior, river, creek and puddle in Kentucky :)

Steve

4. Ky lake is great fishing. but if your looking for some place closer, Check out Presque Ilse in Pa. or Chautauqua in NY. Both or good and there only a couple of hours from cleveland. But they do have seasons on bass.