close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Locking/Closing Posts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by getinjiggy, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Instead of doing this, why cant you simply delete the post that has started the problems? It amazes me on how many posts are this way. I know there are rules. I get into reading some of these posts and the next day they get locked. People do have opinions. Some dont belong posted.

2. Please refer to the sites Terms of Service.

All of the moderators here try their very best to NOT edit or delete posts. Each is taken on a case by case basis.

Sometimes closing and removing a thread is the best route to take and sometimes "innocent" bystanders get caught up in it. It's not personal, it's just being consistent with the Terms of Service.

Thanks and enjoy the weekend. :)

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

actually opinions are not the basis for closing threads.and yes,some are not necessary.i'm sure you've also seen many posts deleted for various reasons.
    threads too,can be closed for different reasons.often they are the result of certain topics receiving so many replies that people simply run out of any relevant or constructive contributions,resulting in personal attacks,senseless bickering between only a couple of people,or turn in a direction totally unrelated to the topic at hand.it therefore makes absolutely no sense to keep them going if they contain no value.it's merely wasted space.
    then you have the people who start a thread for the sole purpose of creating controversy or attacking someone.what purpose does it serve to let those things continue?none at all.
    believe me(again),we would rather not have to close or delete threads/posts,but human nature being what it is,and with the number of members,it is a necessary tool n the effort to keep things somewhat orderly.
    there would be no reason for such actions if people adhered to the rules of the site,and without such rules,the site wouldn't be what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.