Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh Great Yakking Gods,

So I know most of us enjoy the streams and rivers but what about a lake? I've taken the yaks out on Prairie Oaks, Madison and Alum (up at Howard Rd.) but was thinking of going out on Alum or Hoover this weekend (Sunday morning). The north end of Hoover where the creeks spill in along with the marshes look interesting for yak fishing.

You guys have any inputs on Alum or Hoover for Bass?

·
deleted
3,892 Posts
I'm not much into lakes anymore, but that's a pretty interesting paddle because you can go up the nut quite a way. A lot of that area becomes too shallow to paddle when the lake is down. I don't think there is a put-in on the east side any closer than Twin Bridges to get to the mouth of the nut. Twin Bridges coves, in itself, provides ample fishing structure for a yak and good shelter from the wind, but it is a fur piece from the north end. I remember putting in on the west side pretty far north down an old road where I believe people were camping, but that was 25 years ago.

The top end of O'Shay at Bellpointe (where Mill Creek comes in) is also a nice area to paddle. You can go upstream if you want a bit of river or hang around in the north end of the reservoir.

You won't see me in any of those places. You can catch green and/or brown bass in either spot, but i generally find it tedious and unappealing.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if you find those spots unappealing (we are going to twin bridges) where do you find appealing?? Don't want your honeyholes just the bodies of water. I'm always up for beautiful locations. Last Sunday we saw doe, red fox, and quite a few hawks catching fish. If you feel like sharing I'd appreciate it or going out on float with my girlfriend and I would be awesome! She is a pretty good fishing man too!

Ben

·
deleted
3,892 Posts
I was just joking...snobby river yak persona.:) Twin Bridges gives you a lot of opportunity. My brother caught a 5 lb. largemouth on a T-rigged, junebug finesse worm with 1/6 oz. bullet weight there. You can catch pretty much anything around there...or you can eke out a few fish. As you move out onto the point into the main lake and move north, cast toward shore for smallies. Just keep heading north along the shore, and you will find some fishing.

If you head south from there, you can explore some more coves on the west side.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the scoop Stream!! I too am slowly turning into the snobby river yakker. Certainly hope we get to hook up in the near future! I know you were out last Sunday. We went with Larry and saw your car out there!

Ben

I was just joking...snobby river yak persona.:) Twin Bridges gives you a lot of opportunity. My brother caught a 5 lb. largemouth on a T-rigged, junebug finesse worm with 1/6 oz. bullet weight there. You can catch pretty much anything around there...or you can eke out a few fish. As you move out onto the point into the main lake and move north, cast toward shore for smallies. Just keep heading north along the shore, and you will find some fishing.

If you head south from there, you can explore some more coves on the west side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts