Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow what an expierence these last few days have been! Ive been out hitting up local ponds where large mouth and smouth are waitning patiently. The fish are hitting with athority and not letting go if you like to use soft plastics now is the time to break them out and have a blast. last night i walked less than a mile down the road from my house at about 7:30 and fished into the dark i couldnt keep my black and chartruese jig in the water. I am hoping to hook a big fish and i believe that i will do so when the sun is down. :B

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
what do you do, walk up to someone's front door and ask if you can fish their pond? There are a lot of nice looking ponds by me and they all are posted no tresspassing.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hey Capital,
That is exactly what I do when I see a nice looking pond. Just stop by, introduce yourself, and politely ask about fishing. I have found that most people will allow it, with some that won't due to insurance or keeping it for family. I have found it helpful to mention that interested in catch and release only the first time and that it will only be myself. Fish it a few times and see what it's like. Then ask about keeping some fish for the dinner table. Just be polite and you will probably be told yes more than no. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i stick local ponds and i know most of the owners and they have known me for a long period of time so i usually dont have to ask but i usually stop in and see how they are doing just to stay on there good side and help them out by cleaning up the trash around the lake and theat usually is enough to keep the open invitation for fishing anytime even most allow me to fish when the sun goes down...... thats how i keep my local ponds open to me... and its some of the great local fishing because ive seen a lot of fish caught and i just know that there has to be some hogs hidden in these little holes....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts