Local Bait and Tackle Stores

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sunfish, Feb 29, 2008.

1. At this time of the year, most of the local bait and tackle stores (not chains) in the Columbus area have a "spring sale". I always try to go to these stores and spend money to support these local businesses. In looking around this year, I stopped by and checked out the Fishermans Warehouse in south Columbus to see what items they have in stock in advance of their spring sale. I was really taken back this year when I discovered they replaced the area where they had muskie items with tee shirts! In looking around further, there wasn't much in the way of new items - bass, walleye, etc. Most of their rods are several years old and many of the reels they carry are at lower price points. Compared to several years ago, things sure have changed. They seem to have a good selection of hunting items, but the fishing area seems to be lacking. Does anyone know why this is happening?

2. Its possible that they are holding off orders until later in March. With hunting coming to a close they sometimes wait until March to start stocking shelves. Alot of the big companies like BPS is having their spring events right now and its hard for the little guys to compete with all that so they wait awhile. I would check back with them in a couple weeks.