Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to the Little Miami of East Fork this morning. Got out around 6:00am.....i hit 4 of my normal spots that always produce SOMETHING. in a 3 hour time period i caught one small mouth.

Has anyone else had a bad morning? I was throwing tubes, cranks and top water...................nothing was working. at my 3rd water hole i decided to say "screw it" and i jumped in and started wading. The water was noticeably colder than normal.

Then i got to thinking, I wonder if that is why the bite is off??? cold front moved in overnight......

ah well. didn't get skunked but slow nonetheless

·
Registered
534 Posts
You would be correct about the cold front coming in and the rain. I would say the next couple of days will be crappy fishing due to the cold front and the rain we are having. Cold fronts shut them off like a light switch.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yeah dont feel bad man I hit a small creek in KY tonight that usually produces good numbers due to a great smallmouth population and very low pressure and all I could come up with were 2 little rock bass. I read that during times like this you literally have to put your bait within about 6 inches in front of their face to get them to strike because they're not going to chase anything. Oh well though... If we all hooked a fish everytime we made a cast we wouldn't love this sport as much as we do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts