close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lmr

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Clark3461, Feb 16, 2005.

1. I live in Landen and want to target some smallmouth on the LMR. Can you legally fish the river bank anywhere along the bike path? I have been to the park near the train stop inn. But can you fish your way up along the path to the old Powder factory or down the path toward Loveland?

DC

2. catking

catking Banned

Yes you can ;) There are only a few places that you cannot, and they are posted. Down by Loveland a ways back is one area that has old cabins that is private. But alot of this land is old railroad company land and now is public to the river. Get yourself a 3 wheeler bicycle and fix it up to carry gear ;) . THE CATKING !!! By the way, welcome to the OGF !!! Glad to have you on the site ;)

3. amazing189

amazing189 Member

Clark,
    Catking's got a great idea. I've often thought about doing that, but haven't mustered up the energy... :eek: There's also some decent access in Morrow. Take 22 to Left on Front Street. There's a little pull off on the right. You can work your way south a little piece. I'm not much of a smallmouth fisherman, but the habitat there looks good.
    Good luck,
    Danny

4. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Habitat? I just thought fish lived in water... No wonder I never catch anything...

5. bronzebacker

bronzebacker Crickjumper

A great place to catch smallies is up in Oregonia where the old bridge used to be. I've caught several 4-5# fish using charcoal tubes there. Plus, you can park there and don't have to RIDE anywhere- woohoo!

6. catking

catking Banned

Where bronzebacker is talkin about is considered in the top threee areas in the whole state as far as Smallies are concerned ( small rivers) THE CATKING !!!