close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LMR yesterday

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Walter Adkins, Aug 8, 2007.

1. I waded the LMR yesterday for about 3hrs. I started off with a crank bait that has not touched water in several years. I tied it on and caught a 13" smallie on the second cast. Landed a 17" out of the same pool and three more decent fish by the time I got to my turn around spot. I switched to a shake head worm and preceded to land a 18"er on the first cast. A few cast later and I set the hook into a big log and lost my only shaky head jig. I switched to a tube and landed several out of the same hole. Fished back up stream pitching its-bitsy jigs and tubes. Finished with 1-18", 3-17" over 15(did not cont these)in the 12-15" range. Not bad for one of the hottest days of the year.

Side note. The water was low and clear. I spooked a few fish at first making to much noise while walking. And I was not making much noise but with the water level down it did not take much.

2. Mr. Basskisser

Mr. Basskisser Hard Core Fishing Fool!

Good job Walter. We floated the LMR last Friday with minimal success. We were down by Ft. Ancient. The LMR seems to be keeping a better flow than the streams in our neighborhood. We're thinking of trying a bike and fish trip this weekend.