Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just keep casting ...
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fishing the LMR lately and the here's an update. The falling water level is really clearing the water, vis is excellent. Fishing up near 68 / 235 north of Xenia has slowed for me, water looks great but the big fish aren't biting. Plenty of dinks, as always. Lower on the LMR, near Bellbrook, the fishing is is still pretty good for decent bass.

I think the LMR bass tend to be smaller than the Stillwater or, obviously, the GMR bass. Not sure why, just what I've seen this year.

Best success has been on Rapala DT 3, Rapala Floaters, Zara Spooks (mid-sized), and Storm ThunderCraw. Bandit and Norman 0-3 runners have been pretty good but they have a real tight wiggle that gets very fast when pulling upstream. Same for Baby Minus-1 cranks.

Creature tubes and regular tubes worked very well this spring but the bite on them seems to have slowed down heavily.

All this might just be me, wanted to share in case anyone finds this helpful.

Good Fishing!

BigRed

·
Lovin' the Outdoors
756 Posts
Thanks...you are up in my neck of the woods. I agree with you on the LMR Stillwater comparison. I have done better in the Stillwater this year for some reason.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Have had better luck farther down the LMR this year. I have only caught several smaller fish above Spring Valley this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts