Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to hit up Turtle Creek and the LMR this weekend. Anyone have any insight as to river depths on Turtle and the LMR in the South Lebanon area? Fairly new to wading and have never been to this area before so I want to make sure wading is even possible here.

Just joined up a few weeks ago, but this site has been great. A lot of knowledge on these boards. I hope to contribute some stories/pics as I hit the water more in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not familiar with that area but the river is finally getting close to summer levels. Most of the mid LMR is wadeable at summer levels but the only way to find out is to give it a shot.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=iln

Thanks. I guess my question is, the reading says it's currently at a depth of over 5 feet...is that the norm for the area, or just where the gauge is located? As I mentioned, I'm newish to wading and I'm not really sure what is universally considered good wading depth.

·
Banned
1,419 Posts
I see that you are heading to Turtlecreek.They do have good fishing there but you will have to go thru the Nudist camp 1st.I don't know if they still charge to fish or not.But it's worth it.Union City,Michigan.Try spinnerbaits and frogs.Check it out!

Roscoe

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see that you are heading to Turtlecreek.They do have good fishing there but you will have to go thru the Nudist camp 1st.I don't know if they still charge to fish or not.But it's worth it.Union City,Michigan.Try spinnerbaits and frogs.Check it out!

Roscoe
Are we talking about the same Turtle Creek in Lebanon?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Made it out for about an hour and a half today. Planned on hitting Turtle, but wasn't sure where to park so ended up wading the LMR. Ended up catching 5 total, 4 were between 8-12" and the biggest was a 14 incher. Had a lot of trouble setting the hook today as I had several times where they spit it out 4-5 feet from me. All in all pretty happy with the results for my first time in this area.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Nice job on the LMR

Roscoe
I think nudeling is illegal here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts