close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LMR, Stillwater 8/19

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by redtailmatt, Aug 23, 2007.

1. redtailmatt

redtailmatt Member

Well hello all, is has been a while since I have posted anything here. I have only been fishing about twice a month or so with mixed results. However, last weekend my son caught his personal best smallie and I thought I would share a photo he sent me about 2 min after releasing it back into the river. I went fishing alone on the LMR, and he went to the stillwater with a group of friends. I had just caught a nice sized smb 13" or so and heard my phone ring. I missed his call, so he forwards a photo of his fish.:B What a dandy smb, he didnt have a tape or scale so I ask some of the more size judgement oriented people on here for their opinion. photo was too big for this post so I put it in my photo gallery. He wasnt expecting his friend to take the photo when he did, but I can tell you he was stoked:D! He said he caught 12 smb that morning, so I would say they had a great time. The fish was caught with a rebel weecrawl on an ultralight rod. To add to the fight the current was fast and the fish was feisty. He has allways loved fishing, and till last year he was a lake fisherman. I took him on a river wading trip and he has been hooked since! I did well on sunday I floated about 6 miles and caught 12 smb, 2 what I think to be lmb, and 2 rockies. I met up with fshnteachr at one point, very nice guy. I enjoyed our conversations. Seems his yak repair has held up well. I hope to see you out on the river again. Matt
    http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=27871&size=big&cat=500

2. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Nice fish, congrats to your son. I would guess around 4lbs give or take. length about 20"-22". Its hard to tell from the photo she looks pretty skinny but that could just be the angle of the pic, A very nice smallie anywhere. Great job. Glad to here you had a nice float also. S

3. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I am glad you posted, I forgot what you said your username was when we talked. You sure got away from me Sunday, I tried to catch back up but you were gone.

Those two largemouths you caught were likely spotted bass! (haha, see my earlier post) I caught what I thought was a good largemouth too, but apparently it wasn't.

Hope to see you out there again sometime!